The Scientific Study of UFOs for the Benefit of Humanity
Education of the Public on the Legitimacy and Reality of the UFO phenomena
- Investigate UFO sightings and collect the data in the MUFON Database for use by researchers worldwide.
- Field Investigators research reports of UFO sightings and evaluate against known man-made objects and natural phenomena
- Field assistants work with Field Investigators providing a level of safety and assisting the FI in the field as they work with the witnesses getting details of the sighting
- Research assistants review historical records including library records and other resources in search of corroborating data related to the witnesses report
- Promote research on UFOs to discover the true nature of the phenomenon, with an eye towards scientific breakthroughs, and improving life on our planet.
- Review data within the Case Management System (CMS) for cases having a disposition of unknown to collate and analyze potential data points
- Extrapolate the data to identify potential technologies, means or methods previously hidden to us that can be used to improve life on planet Earth
- Educate the public on the UFO phenomenon and its potential impact on society.
- Share with the public highlights and findings of completed cases of interest as evidence the phenomena is still ongoing today
- Inform any findings or potential discoveries revealed through analysis of existing data
- Encourage constructive and cordial discussion between individuals that fall anywhere within the two extremes of the spectrum, those who know and believe UFOs are real and those know and believe UFOs are a thing of fiction